Friday, July 11, 2008

My view about PLEaSe...

This is my 1st week learning the technology, nothing much I would reflect on but somehow there is a word that which really get my attention and the word is “PLeaSe”.As you all can see, the presentation about ‘PLeaSe’ by Madam Maznah is one of the important presentation to help us as the future teacher to find out and realize what are the personal learning and student engagement from the students.

When Madam Maznah shows to us the word ‘Please’ is one of the ideas that make us to think what is the exactly meaning of it. After she taught about the “PLeaSe”, now I already know and agree on her believe that SMART teachers can only be trained to be ready through a total immersion in technology-based learning environment. The reason is we who live the 21st century must be equip with the wider knowledge in order for us to build an atmosphere which it can make the students to be eager to learn and acquire the knowledge. How do we do that? Simple… Just use the same word as what Madam Maznah has teaches us before, “PleaSe”.

From my point of view, “PLeaSe” will enable us as a future teacher to exploit projects which is based on real life situation by using technology. Not only that, ‘PLeaSe” teaches us on how to engage learners in very active learning style. Of course we do not want our students to study in a dull situation classroom, right? When we want t use “PLeaSe” as our approach, we must also bare in our mind that there is scaffolding that we need to build first. This is important for us to observe and facilitate our students’ own knowledge in order for them to reach the personalization of learning environment and self engagement. That is why by constructing “PLeaSe”, it is also one of the best and realistic ways for the teacher trainees like us to be SMART.

Therefore to be SMART, I myself do must engage in the learning environment, not hoping from Madam Maznah notes only. Surely it will train my self to learn not a person who always to be teach by others. As I still remember in the last presentation by Madam Maznah, ‘Do not teach them, let them learn'.

Oh, I almost forgot, before I ended my reflection about the lecture in the first week, I really admire Madam Maznah when she always love to SMILE. This is good for me as this is one of the ways to reduce the stress during learning take place. I never see such teacher always love to smile. Thank you Madam Maznah for letting us to bare in our mind that this course is not so stressful enough.

No comments: